Tue, 29 December 2015
Retirement: What Are You Waiting For?
Tue, 22 December 2015
In this episode of Roadtreking: The RV Podcast, we interview Rusty Howes of pickleballchannel.com, the premier media outlet of the entire sport.
Rusty explains how:
- RVers have been largely responsible for driving the sport of Pickleball to its huge popularity
- How anyone can play
- Why the sport is addicting for so many RVers
- How people are actively playing the sport well into their eighties and even nineties
In other topics in this Christmas week episode of the podcast, Jennifer shares a tip on how prepared, packaged freeze dried food - survival meals - are a very handy addition to an RV pantry, assuring quality food when its too late or too far to stock up at the supermarket.
We offer suggestions to a listener looking for an affordable folding bed that fits across the front seats of his Roadtrek.
We also have a Traveling Tech Tip about how to easily send your exact location, with turn by turn directions, via an iPhone.
And in out Off the Beaten Path report, a listener shares the joys of driving two-lanes far off the interstates.
Complete show notes at http://roadtreking.com/67
Tue, 15 December 2015
RT66 Why you Need to be in Perry, GA in March
Attend an RV gathering that will teach you more about RVing in three days than most people learn in a lifetime
The Family Motorcoach Association's upcoming gathering in Perry, GA is the kind of event every RVer should attend at least once in their lifetime.
But also in this episode, Jennifer shares a tip about a $20 gadget that belongs in every RV, especially if you like to camp and hike in wilderness areas.
We have audience questions and answers about RVng topics and a great traveling technology tip about an app for your smartphone that will let you take photos like a pro.
And Listeners Tm and Patti Burkett check in with another Off-the-Beaten-Path report, this one about the Great Okefenokee Swamp, one of North America’s most unspoiled, fascinating and precious natural resources – the largest, intact, un-fragmented, freshwater and black water wilderness swamp in all of North America.
Complete shownotes with links and resources mentioned in this podcast available at http://roadtreking.cm/66
Tue, 8 December 2015
It's the time when many RVers start dreaming and planning about the places they'll visit in the coming new year.
Tue, 1 December 2015
Sometimes, RV dealerships will try to talk you into expensive add on procedures that really aren't needed.
Indeed, one of their top profit makers is convincing new owners into buying very expensive spray-on treatments for the interior or exterior. After an RV dealer asks for Mike's advice on whether he should pay $900 for such a treatment for his new RV, Mike offers much cheaper and very practical advice.
That's one of many topics tacked in episode 64 of the Roadtreking RV Podcast of the , such as:
- Jennifer's Tip of the Week, which is all about attracting hummingbirds to a feeder that attaches to your RV outside window
- A reader who asks what kind of tire pressure monitoring system Mike recommends
- Whether a 20 year old Class B RV can be retrofitted with a a built-in Onan generator
- What is the best way to find a used RV
After answering those listener questions, Mike talks about:
- RV News of the week - the RV Trade Show in Louisville, KY; a new engineering and technology partnership between Roadtrek motorhomes and Europe's Hymer Group; and the continuing battle between advocates and opponents of a new National Park in Maine
-Traveling Technology - Three apps to keep track of gift buying for friends and family
- A Bucket List Destination of the Week: The Caravelle, FL area on Florida's "Forgotten Coast"
- RV Calendar - A Florida gathering of vintage travel trailers that will host an Open House on Dec. 12
Complete show notes can be found at http://roadtreking.com/64