Tue, 5 January 2016
With gas prices low and the National Parks Service celebrating it's 100th anniversary in 2016 with special events, there's never been a better time for RVers to visit a National Park. But what to see? In what order?
We talk about that a lot this week with Rob Bignell, author of a new book called the Best Sights in America's National Parks. Rob offers some bucket list suggestions and shares his favorite sites, as well a suggested trip RVers should take this year.
That's just one of many interesting things in this week's podcast. Topics this week include:
-Sleeping in an RV VS Sleeping in a Hotel Room
-Jennifer's Tip of the Week - Trekking Poles
- Do we have an itinerary for our planned trip out west?
- What's our experience with Roadtrek's solar power and lithium ion batteries?
- What should you know about winter camping in an RV?
- Gas princes are likely to remain the same or drop even lower in 2016, says the AAA
- The "Python Challenge" hunt for giant snakes starts Jan. 16 at the Everglades National Park
- RV Calendar: Lots and lots of RV shows this weekend.
- Off The Beaten Path - Pioneer Village in Nebraska
Complete links, resources and show notes at http://roadtreking.com/69